This Church was dedicated by Bishop Patrick Finnegan of Kilmore on June 13th 1936. It replaced the old Church dedicated in 1841 during the time of Bishop James Brown as Bishop of Kilmore and Fr. Thady Maguire, a native of Manorhamilton Parish, curate in Doobally.
The present Church is a magnificent stone building. Fr. Patrick McGibney was curate in Doobally at the time of the planning and building of the Church. He gave great leadership to the people and was well supported by the local people and by the sons and daughters of Doobally in the USA.
Refurbishment and renewal works were carried out on the church in 1976 and in 1986.